Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Starting up

Its a bold new world for all of us as technology stretches both our abilities and our understanding. A friend has recently challenged me to participate in this new arena of blogging and I must admit I feel a little lost regarding the impact and relevance to my presently quiet, private life. However, I am willing to give it a try, so here goes.
My life has seen both the mundane and the extremes. It seems it is in 3 parts. Until I passed 40 plus years I was essentially a stay at home mom., Then I ran successfully in 2 federal elections. My political career suddenly ended when I stepped down to become caregiver for my 51 year old husband Doug after a massive brain hemmorhage. The pace and responsibilities of this last role have evolved over the last 14 years, with the added title of Grandma happily added to the mix.
Until now I have not taken time to "see the bigger picture" in review. Can I clarify and engage  ideas and experiences both for my own sake and for those who may have traveled similar roads at different times? Time will tell. At the very least, I look forward to shedding light on the significant moments and thus move forward into new perspectives and possibilities in the years that lie ahead. I would love to have you join me on this road.

1 comment :

  1. I love the picture Sharon and am looking forward to future entries.

    ReplyDelete